THERE ARE AT LEAST SEVEN REASONS WHY LIFE IS WORTH LIVING
The first of the seven is that GOD DELIGHTS IN US
In Proverbs 8 verses 22,23 and 30, 31, we read:
The Lord created me at the beginning of His work, the first of His acts of old. Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth…and I was His delight, rejoicing before Him always, rejoicing in His inhabited world and delighting in the people He had made
And in John 3 v 16… God loved the world so much
And in Jeremiah 31 v 3… I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
And Jesus said… I call you friends, if you do what I command.
- God longs to share intimate fellowship with the unborn…the toddler…the child…the young person…the middle aged…the elderly… and the rest!
- He calls us…prompts us…weeps over our sinful ways…mourns with us…intercedes for us
God shares the feelings of your heart today
This is a God who knows us by name, walks with us and even promises to live within us.
- Unfortunately we are often so busy and distracted that we scarcely notice Him!
- We need to open our eyes and recognise the supreme love of God through Jesus Christ and His pleasure when we trust in Him and walk in step with Him
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE special coloured spectacles that help some children to read?
- Many of us need spiritual spectacles!
- Because we can be blind to God’s presence and desire to be close to us and bless us
THINK OF SOMEONE YOU ENJOY BEING CLOSE TO…someone special
- A child…a partner…a friend…someone you love deeply
- Two friends of mine have proudly announced that they are to become grandparents soon…they are already proud as punch…and the baby hasn’t even been born yet!
- See two people in love who only have eyes for each other
- See the parents with glistening eye watching their child take part in a nativity play
See how life is transformed for these people… something to live for, something to hope in, something to delight in
Some years ago, a terrible experiment was conducted to see what would happen if babies were deprived of affection.
Result…they all died!
Being cherished and made to feel special transforms lives…
- SO WHEN GOD DELIGHTS IN US… we are transformed by His Spirit dwelling in our hearts, guiding, directing and giving us peace in the midst of turmoil
- We can have hope, both now and through eternity, as we put our trust in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, who gave His life upon a cross, bearing all our wrongdoing (thoughts, words and deeds) that we might be free!
- Hallelujah! Because God delights in us, Life is truly worth living!